Time for Spring Break!
We can all agree, we deserve a little break from this winter weather pattern… And that break is coming: The Maine Flower Show will give us the much-needed reprieve we seek from white, cold, snow! While the white stuff may or may not be melting at that point, you will be able to step into a springtime wonderland, filling your nostrils with the damp smell of mulch and the fragrance of first blooms. And while some will come just for the sights and smells of the display gardens, there is so much more to the show! We have a jam-packed schedule of seminars for novice and expert alike, and this is included in the price of your ticket. If you’d like to see the list of presenters, check here: Seminar Speakers.
Benefits of Volunteering
We are still looking for volunteers to fill various roles throughout the weekend.
For One 4 Hour +/- Shift Receive:
- 1 Flower Show Volunteer T-Shirt.
- 1 Show Admission.
- Free Volunteer Parking is available at the Old West School Lot, 59-63 Douglass Street, Portland ME 04102; Free Shuttle Vans will transport volunteers to/from the show from 8 am until ½ hour after the show closes each day.
For Any Additional Shifts Receive:
- One Flower Show Admission for each shift.
If your schedule does not allow you to enjoy the show the day you are volunteering, or if you are volunteering on Sunday; you may come see the show a different day. You will enter and check in at the Exhibitor/Volunteer Entrance that day as well.
Volunteer Info & Positions
Ready? Sign Up Online to Volunteer!
We are using SignUp.com to organize our SignUps for the Flower Show. There are new outdoor and indoor volunteer positions this year! Many of the shift times have changed.
Here’s how it works:
- Go to our Volunteer sign up page.
It’s Easy – you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password.
- Review the options listed and choose the volunteer position(s) you like. For detailed descriptions of each volunteer position, click on the name of the position for more information.
- Sign up (with your first & last name) and be sure to choose ONLY the number “1” for each volunteer position you select!
- Each person must sign up only themselves (i.e. if you are a couple, please sign up separately).
- When finished, be sure to hit “DONE” at the top of the page; this completes your sign up and generates a confirmation email.