When Mainers get planting, they improve their lives in wonderful and surprising ways. At Plant Something Maine, we’re on a mission to help people, kids, and families all around the state to take the first step: plant a tree, a shrub, vegetables, or flowers. Do it in a container, a window box, a raised bed, a community garden or in your backyard – anytime you set down roots it has an impact on your health, your well-being your community, your environment, even your wallet!
Are you ready to join the thousands of planting enthusiasts across the country? You don’t have to be a professional gardener or expert landscaper. All you have to do is take the first step!
What Can You Do?
- Visit your local Garden Center.
- Learn how to start a vegetable garden or a flower garden, container garden or plant a tree or bush, or simple browse our ideas for gardening inspiration.
- Volunteer at a local community garden center.
- Attend an Event — tour a local garden, or take a class.
- Stay connected. Get news, events, blog posts and videos in your mailbox.
There’s no stupid question when it comes to planting.
Have you met the experts at your local Garden Center or greenhouse? You’ll find they have a wealth of advice about fertilizer, plants, products and growing tips and they are more than willing to share.
Got questions about growing vegetables and fruit in Maine?
Gardening experts at the UMaine Extension have years of experience in home horticulture and commercial agriculture.
Should I remove my burning bush?
How do you get rid of brown-tail moths?
How do I care for my new apple tree?
When do I prune my hydrangea bush?
How do I prepare my bushes for the winter?
What plants are deer resistant?
First Editions® can help with your landscaping and gardening questions. Just Ask Amy!