Sunday, July 9, 2017
Hidden Gardens of Munjoy Hill
Saturday, July 15, 2017
Ft. Williams Foundation/Garden Tour
Cape Elizabeth, Maine
Thursday, July 20, 2017
Camden Garden Club
Friday, July 21, 2017
Boothbay Region Garden Club
Boothbay Harbor, Maine
Saturday, July 22, 2017
Bar Harbor Garden Club
Bar Harbor, Maine
2017 GCFM Convention
The Stroudwater District Welcomes You to Freeport!
From the Forest to the Sea
The 86th Annual Garden Club Federation of Maine Convention
Monday June 19 – Wednesday June 21, 2017
The Hilton Garden Inn, 5 Park Street, Freeport, ME 04032
207-865-1433 • www.freeportdowntown.hgi.com
The Clubs of the Stroudwater District are busy putting the finishing touches on our upcoming Garden Club Federation of Maine Convention, From the Forest to the Sea. In just six weeks the Convention opens on Monday, June 19th in Freeport at the Hilton Garden Inn. If you haven’t sent in your check with your Registration Form yet, you only have three weeks to get it postmarked by May 30th to qualify for the early Convention rate of $30 for members and $35 for non-members. After May 30th, the registration will increase to $45 whether you’re a member or not. All attendees MUST PAY the registration fee no matter how many functions you sign up to attend! Click this link to access the Registration Form.
Here are a few things to note:
- Registration will open EARLIER than originally planned. You may now stop by starting at 1:30 p.m. on Monday till 4:30 p.m., June 19th to pick up your Registration Folder. Come to the Old Town Hall Meeting Room immediately adjacent to the hotel. Registration is still scheduled to start at 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings (June 20th and 21st). You’ll need your Registration Folder to get your name badge with stickers indicating all events you’re registered to attend!
- Estabrooks Nursery and Greenhouses in Yarmouth, just down the road from Freeport, has invited attendees and local garden club members (even if you’re not attending the Convention) to an OPEN HOUSE from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. on Monday, June 19th, the first day of the Convention. A 20% discount coupon will be available for a single day’s purchase during the three days of the Convention. If you want to purchase plants, Estabrooks is willing to hold your purchase till you depart Freeport. During the Open House they’ll be serving refreshments, having special offers, and will have giveaways! You can pick up a coupon at our Registration table at the hotel starting at 1:30 on Monday. If possible, we’ll try to get the coupon to those who’ve already registered by sending it to your e-mail address.
- Our block of hotel rooms is just about sold out. If you call the Hilton Garden Inn and can’t get a room, please contact Suzanne at email@example.com to see what can be done. The deadline for getting a room is May 20th! Call the hotel at 207-865-1433 to get the Convention rate of $155 plus 9% tax.
- Maps for the public gardens in the area (you can visit on your own) will be available at the Registration table. Again, if we have time we’ll try to e-mail them ahead of time to Convention attendees. The map and descriptions of the private garden tour will be available in your Registration Folder if you’ve paid to attend this event.
- Our keynote speaker, Thomas Rainer, who’s speaking on Tuesday evening, has just been interviewed by The Sunday New York Times (April 30th edition). Click this link to read the article entitled Understanding What Makes Plants Happy.
- For those attendees who are delegates, you’ll be voting on changes to our Bylaws to change the New England Region name to the New England Garden Clubs, Inc. These changes have been sent to all Club Presidents. If you know you’re a delegate, see your President to get a copy of the changes.
Visit The Garden Club Federation of Maine online at mainegardenclubs.org