Call for Volunteers
Would you like to volunteer for the Maine Flower Show this year? If so, you can sign up here! There are many varied tasks we need help with over the course of the show, and each four-hour shift earns you free admission to the show, and a free t-shirt. Prior to the start of the show, the volunteer opportunities include hanging posters and helping with set up. During the show you can volunteer in any number of areas:
- Front Door—-sell tickets, take tickets, stamp hands
- Exhibitor Entrance—check exhibitors in and out
- People’s Choice Voting—-pass out ballots, collect ballots, count ballots
- Vendor Support—assist exhibitors, cover a booth so they get a break, deliver them drinks, snacks, lunch
- Wandering Ambassador—-be out in the crowd and available to show attendees (sometimes exhibitors) to help give directions, answer questions
- Lecture Hall—help attendees in and out, pass out handouts, assist lecturer with any needs
- Help with collections for Good Shepherd Food Bank
Volunteering is a wonderful way not only to see the show, but to see a little bit behind scenes and get involved in the local horticultural community.
Sign Up Now!
If you would like to sign up now and help us get a head start on filling the roster, use the official sign up for found here: Maine Flower Show Volunteers. For more information, you can also contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Kerry Ratigan at, firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 207-615-6271.
We very much rely on the help of our volunteers to make the show a success and appreciate everyone who pitches in. The second annual Maine Flower Show is produced by the Maine Landscape and Nursery Association (MELNA). Established in 1970, MELNA is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the encouragement and promotion of its members throughout the industry, including financial support of secondary horticultural education and product research, website connectivity, media representation, and a professional certification program. For more information, please visit www.melna.org.